Tuesday 14 January 2014

Thicket

202

I cut my knuckle somehow on my walk home yesterday. It's ridiculous, like my dog hen she throws herself through brambles.

I'm back to where I started before my little mini-gain and I'm going to be in the hairdresser's tonight so eating isn't going to be an option until I get home at about 8pm. I'm genuinely considering taking a shot of whiskey to work to put in a bottle of diet coke. It's been the only thing making me feel better through this shitty headcold/chest rattler/headache/sinus shit. My throat (and weirdly my tongue) are killing me and I haven't been able to breathe through my nose for over a week. This is getting really, really annoying now.

I have a busy end of the week coming at me. I have a training day on Thursday, a date (!) on Friday and I'm spending my day with my parents of Saturday, which could be nice. I haven't spent a birthday with them in a long time. As in 14 years.

I don't want to leave the warmth of my bed to go to work. Seriously.

I have to, though, don't I?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you have to go to work! Work is important and allows you to pay those annoying bills. I would make a terrible mother because yesterday I was so tired I would have gladly sold my first born (if I had one) to sleep a few extra hours! That's great that you're now back at your weight before the mini-gain- progress is so encouraging! Hopefully you'll get over that cold-stuff soon (I'm still a coughing, hacking mess but it's slowly going away). You know what's been helpful for me when I couldn't breath through my nose? I don't know if you like nasal sprays or not but this stuff is amazing! It burns a little at first but it opens your sinuses and you can breath for several hours- I'd be miserable without it during my yearly colds (http://www.vicks.com/products/sinex/ultrafine-mist/)

    I hope your Friday date goes well and your weekend with your parents is enjoyable as well. Take care ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! hope the date goes well!

    ReplyDelete