Tuesday 7 January 2014

Stretch

Every week I'm allowed a "controlled binge" so that I don't talk myself out of restricting the rest of the time. Any time I want to eat something I shouldn't I put it on a list and one day a week, if I still want to, I can eat something from this list as long as it doesn't take me over my max calories. This way I can avoid genuine binges and reinforce the idea of eating actively GOOD food the rest of the time.

I ordered takeout. Greasy fucking takeout. And you know what? It was kind of unexciting.

Maybe this is part and parcel of eating right and losing weight but I was chewing through this food that was supposed to be my naughty little deviation and, in reality, it tasted like crap. The most exciting part of it was the salad in my veggie burger. Seriously. That in itself is actually pretty pleasing.

So maybe that's what these controlled binges are for - reminding myself that "bad foods" are just that - bad food. It tastes bad. It does bad.

Interesting, innit?

Also, I didn't get fired. My weirdo boss is putting me on management training, apparently. Which makes no sense. Buy, hey, whatcha gonna do.

No comments:

Post a Comment