Thursday 2 January 2014

Giants

I live with a giantess called Aurboda. And a lot of the time I live with her stupid giant boyfriend, Gymir, too.

I really can't stand him. Between his offensive "sense of humour" and his complete disregard for me (finding it hilarious that they wake me up on a regular basis with their fucking loud fat people sex) I just really wish he'd just disappear. Whenever they're apart (even if it's just for an hour) she bitches and whines as if he's died. I don't understand they relationship. I don't think I've ever wanted to be by someone's side 24/7, even when I was so full of love I thought the colour of my skin would change to reflect it.

I just don't get that smothering instinct that the two of them seem to have. I miss Frey, obviously, but we don't see one another for months at a time. We're both natural loners, I guess. I wouldn't want to see him every day, even if I ha nothing better to do. Despite my considerable levels of self-loathing I do actually enjoy being alone.

That said I'm missing my friend Lofn a lot. We haven't seen each other in a long time. Partly because I'm ashamed of myself. Seeing her when Ylva is sleeping makes me feel disgusting and bloated like a corpse in a river.

I feel free, though. For the first time in a long time. And it's because I know that soon Ylva is going to wake up. She can keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment