Friday 10 January 2014

Run




All the advice points towards hydration being a good thing. Skin, mind and muscles are all positively affected by drinking plenty of water and having a stomach full of it is great for helping me to avoid filling it with anything else.

To help keep myself drinking throughout the day I needed a way to keep track of what I'd had while also reminding me to keep drinking, so I devised a cunning plan. I wrapped a piece of sellotape around one of my fingers and, using sharpie, drew a little line for every 250ml I drank. It's colour coded - red means fruit tea, blue means water, yellow means lemsip (still have a nasty cold) and been means instant packet soup. Altogether I drank 3 litres. It made me pee like a racehorse al day but it also meant that, while I was definitely hungry when I got home, I ate my dinner and felt pretty satisfied instead of wanting to head to the fridge or the corner shop. I'm still getting comfortable with hunger again - I'm so out of practise - but I'm getting there. Remembering that willpower is POWER.

I have one more lb to lose for Monday's official weigh in. If I don't manage it that'll throw me off for weeks. It would be a shame to fall behind so soon so I'm powering through. 

Aurboda still isn't talking to me. I'm really not upset about it. It's not like she has any other friends - it's her loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment