Saturday 2 August 2014

Glub

15.4

Today I went on an actual outing to help my mum at the garden centre. Aside form hospital visits it's only the second or third time I've ventured from my home town since I got ill. The garden centre is closing down so it's having a huge closing-down sale.

I made an unnecessary lust-purchase.

Every month I buy a non-food "lust purchase" - a little thing just for me, for no real reason, because I'm materialistic and "things" make me happy.

So I bought a fishbowl and pebbles and a little ornament and water conditioner and fish food and tomorrow I'm setting it all up ready for my fish. I've done my research and the bowl I have can only accommodate small goldfish breeds and maybe one or two companion fish and a snail so that's probably what I'll get. I also need a filter and a couple of plants for the fishies to hide in. I'm unreasonably excited about this.


1 comment:

  1. Aww, good luck with your new fishies tomorrow! I'd be excited too. I've done the same things with hermit crabs twice before; impulsively buying an enclosure and getting all giddy about decorating it and having a few new little pet buddies.

    Re: Yeah, I'm a pretty heavy smoker of both tobacco and weed but haven't had much luck cutting back yet. Depression's been getting in the way, like, "I don't want to live so why quit smoking?" But my team have been great and understanding. The plan was to change antidepressants and then tackle smoking, but that's not shaping up so well.

    Take care <3 xx

    ReplyDelete